After hours of reading, I have amazing news. The offer is legit! You can apply for a Citi Visa or AMEX, and upon approval, you will receive 75,000 miles when you make $4,000 worth of purchases within 6 months. The $85 annual fee is waived for the first year. This offer is good until February 28, 2010. The miles are enough for a round-trip ticket to Europe. I’m not sure where else, but this is the best deal I have found so far.
I am very cautious when it comes to things like this because I don’t want any of my information to get stolen. Anyone considering this should read the flytalk forum and confirm this information and the link I posted above with other sources (I got the link from post #2). If you are unsure, then I would recommend not doing it. Tomorrow I am going to sign up and I will edit this post and let everyone know how it goes. Below I have provided some essential tips.
- Apply for both the Visa and AMEX. This could give you a potential of 150,000 miles. You may not get approved for both cards, but according to everything I read there will be only one credit pull and it can’t hurt to try and get an extra 75,000 miles.
- Keep your card(s) for at least 6 months so they don’t take the miles away from you. It is best if you hold on to them for 9 months or more. I am planning on canceling my card, hopefully cards, after 10 months.
- If you don’t get instant approval you can call 1-866-606-2961 and ask about your status.
- These cards have high interest rates (APR) so do not get behind on payments.
- Read all of the fine print before signing up for the card.
If you have any questions, let me know. Please add anything about this offer or other offers. I applied for both credit cards yesterday. I called in today to verify that they received my online applications and they said that they did. The approval process can take up to 7 business days, so I am waiting with my fingers crossed. The link I posted is the correct link so good luck with getting the cards! Let me know how it goes.